A BIT ABOUT US
“The idea for 401 Main was born after many late-night conversations between good friends…”
…between good friends about what their ideal bar would be. Where could they hang out with friends, have a cold beer, some great seafood and bring the dog? Since they couldn’t find that place in town, they decided to open it themselves.
Located in the former Cafe Carrboro space right where Carrboro meets Chapel Hill, 401 Main has great food and drink, a laid-back vibe, two big patios, ever-evolving outdoor seating with the best ground-level view in town. From a large selection of bottled, draft and canned beers, classic and new cocktails, to delicious bar snacks and sandwiches, soups, comfort food sides, and in-house-made desserts, 401 Main is a great place to hang with friends and family and watch the town go by.
(SOCIAL DOGS & DOG PARENTS ONLY)
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations including parvo virus, distemper, rabies and bordetella.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior. Kindly pay attention.
- Keep your dog’s leash with you at all times.
- All dogs must wear a collar displaying current tags with name and contact info.
- Respect staff. If asked to separate your dog, leash your dog, or remove your dog, kindly do so quickly.
- Ignoring a staff request may lead to removal from the patio by management.
- Dogs who display any type of aggression will be removed from the patio.
- All dogs must be in good health with no injuries or parasites.